Last date: 9th November, 2010
Arik Air is Nigeria’s leading airline that flies to more than 25 airports in Nigeria, West Africa, London and Johannesburg with an ultra modern jet fleet. As at August 2009, Arik Air had welcomed more than 2.5 millions guests on board its domestic, regional and international services since launch. As a result of continuous expansion of our operations, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to make rewarding career with the fastest growing airline in afica for the following positions:
1. General Manager , HR and Admin
The post holder shall be responsible for creating and leading a strategic human capital value service and also provide effective support to management and the entire business operations especially in day to day administrative matters, logistics, and other support services required for the efficient and effective running of a fast pasced airline business.
Candidates should possess a minimum of first degree in social sciences.
Minimum of 10 years in similar position , last four of which should be at senior management position.
- candidates should preferably not be more than 45 years
- should have excellent interpersonal relationship skills and demonstarte leadership capabilities.
- Qualitative negotiation and management skills
- possess numerical skills and have a knack for details
- Abilitry to provide quick fix solutions to people and operational challenges.
- Candidates should be energetic, innovative and creative and be willing to work long hours.
- Knowlwedge of sound techniques in all aspects of human resources nad administration.
- Ability to apply and adapt practices and techniques to the special requirements of Board of Directors.
2. General Manager – Finance
The GM Finance will oversee the Company’s entire finance team and provide a strategic and dynamic leadership that will create a value adding and effective management of the company’s financial resources.
- Plan,organize,direct and control the operations of the Finance Department .
- Develop and implement financial policies,systems and procedures
- Supervise the preparation of financial statements and management reports
- Liaise between the organization and its external auditors and government agencies.
- A university degree in Accounting and a Masters in a finacial related field.
- At least 8 years post professional accounting(ACA/ACCA)
- Minimum of 12yrs experience,five of it at the senior management level in aviation or financial environment
3. Financial Controllers
The role requires an accounting professional who has developed ability in developing and managing financial systems and procedures. This a role that demand high level of dynamism, professionalism and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. It requires a committed and meticulous with the ability to plan and work under pressure to produce quality on time with a high level of accuracy. The candidate shall continually strive towards performance improvement in order to amke a positive contribution to the successful performance of the airline.
Sets up and manage financial systems and procedures
Prepare budgets and management accounts
Prepare periodic financial analysis and report
prepare year end financial report
- A university degree or HND in accounting
- A qualified accounting professional (ACA/ACCA)
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience
- Technically sound with proven numerical skills and attention to details.
4. Management Accountants
The position is for accounting professionals who have demonstrated ability in developing and managing financial systems and proceedings.
- Strive towards performance improvement in order to make a positive contribution to the successful performance of the airline.
- Setting up and preparing management accounts,systems and procedures,budgeting,financial analysis and reporting.
- A university degree majoring in accounting/finance
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Must be a certified accounting professional (ACA)
- Leadership skills for managing the team effectively
- The position requires committed and meticulous individuals with the ability to plan and work under pressure to produce quality on time with a high level of accuracy
5. Commercial Managers
The role of commercial manager will be to lead, manage and inspire a commiteed and motivated sales team in a very competitive and dynamic sales market. he/she shall continually strive towards increasing revenue and improving performance target and overall success of the airline.
- Design the marketing and sales plan for penetration of Nigeria and regional markets.
- Aggressively initiate promote,market Arik Air to achieve set targets and improve on our current market share
- Seek creative and innovative ways to retain customers and create benchmarks for measuring customer satisfaction.
- Follow up and evaluate monthly as well as yearly results and make recommendations to management on areas of improvement.
- Monitor the promotional campaigns mounted by Arik Air in Nigeria report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Implement the ticketing sales accounting system including ticket stock to be put by Arik Air.
- A very good university degree and an MBA.
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience preferably in an aviation company.
- Sound airline business knowledge and a good grasp in understanding contemporary marketing and sales strategies.
- A good knowledge airline operations is a distinct advantage.
- Experince in manging and executing product marketing and sales
6. Procurement Manager
The procurement manager shall be responsible for the procurement of ll supplies, materials and equipment required by the airline for the smooth running of its operations. the office of the procurement manager shall also establish contacts both local and international for the supply of quality products in line with best quality standards.
- To source and deliver goods and materials needed and approved for staff or groups in the organization,at the right specifications,conditions,price and time.
- Carryout market survey and research to ascertain prices of goods and services that maybe needed by the Airline
- Carryout purchases required by the Airline from both local and international suppliers.
candidates should possess minimum of first degree in engineering, socail science or business admin.
- Minimum of 5 years in similar position.
- candidates must be very versatile and conversant with contemporary best practices model.
- Membership of relevant professional asscociation will be an added advantage.
- Excellent intterpersonal and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines which may mean working long hours.
- Ability to monitor and coordinate ongoing processes with local and offshore suppliers to ensure timely delievry of goodsa nd services.
7. Operations Control Centre Managers
The Operations Control Centre Managers should be responsible for flight planning, control and supervision of operations schedule to ensure effective, efficient and timely flight opeartions. The post holder shall maintain close cooperation with other business partners in and outside the airline eg.maintenance dept, crew rostering, station managers, finance, etc. Handling agents, station managers, airport services.
- Makes sure that the OCC remains at all time the center of communication and coordination for actual flight operations.
- Respond to flight irregularities by initiating the rescheduling at short notice of new crew members,recruiting and take whatever action is needed to continue the safe operation and to regain the schedule of flights.
- Ensure that all network standards procedures are followed as well as government and airline regulations.
- General supervision of OCC personnel on duty and ensure discipline is upheld in the office.
- Ensure a 24-72hrs flying programme is planned in collaboration with crewing and ensure Arik Air weekly flying programme is covered.
- A good university degree in any numerated field
- FAA Flight Dispatch License and other relevant certifications.
- Minimum of 6yrs experience,2 of which should be managerial level
- Possess excellent Technical Skills of medium/large sized airline operations control and management.
- proven planning and analytical skills for anticipation and prioritization.
- Candidates should be one that possess good leadership and interpersonal relationship skills.
8. Regional Operations Manager
The job holder shall oversee and coordinate all ground operations activities in all the stations under his/her jurisdiction. the successful candidate in concert with the station managers shall ensure safety, punctuality and efficiency at all ground handling of aircraft and passengers. ensuring that all airport activities are in accordance with standard operating policies.
- Ground operations and general administration and supervision
- Participate in ground handling contracts,personnel recruitment and oversee the optimal utilization of resources.
- Motivate,coach and lead all ground operations force to meet targets.
- Maintain good relations with local airport authorities,government officials and other airlines.
- A good university degree in any discipline.
- Higher qualifications would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 6yrs airline management experience in similar capacity
- Candidates should have engaged in new stations startups and management.
- Must have strong customer care service skills
- must be ready to develop good working relations with amangers and other key personnels in business.
- technical expertise knowledge, skills and winning attitude
- ready to work under pressure
- willing to travel and relocate at short notice
- an excellent communicator with people of all ages and culture and social skills
- advanced computer skills in outlook, word, excel and powerpoint.
9. Station Managers
Shall ensure ontime performance on all passengers, cargo and aircraft activities and coordinate all the airport activities to ensure the highest standard of service is rendered to passengers and customers of the airline with safety being the top priority.
- Oversee all aspects of the airport operations to ensure a safe,efficient and smooth operation.
- Be directly responsible for the station operations and coordinate all functions to ensure superior customer service,operational,integrity and positive employee relations.
- Be directly responsible for the station Agents.(Customer Service/Ramp)
- Ensure compliance with all of Arik Air’s GOM, load manuals and other documents.
- Generally ensure on time performance of all passengers ,cargo and aircraft activities .
- Coordinate all the airport activities to ensure the highest standards of service is rendered to passengers and customer of the airlines with safety being the top priority.
- The sucessful candidate must have strong customer service skills
- Ability to develop working partnerships with all departments and other airlines at the station
- technical expertise, mastery of job related knowledge, skills and abilities.
- University degree in any discipline
- 5 years hands on experience in similar capacity.
- Ready to work under pressure with minim um supervision
- Willing to travel at short notices.
10. Maintenance Control Officers
The run maintrol during each duty period controlling all technical issues affecting the arik air fleet.
- Ensure the timely presentation of fleet technical status and reports
- Coordinate with OCC on fleet status and flight schedule requirements.
- Manage and drive maximum aircraft availability.
- Drive Technical Team members to deliver the Airline standards.
- Comply with Quality standards and NCAA requirements at all times.
the required candidate shall possess the following:
- A good university degree
- Licensed Aircraft Engineer with Arik Air Type Ratings preferably EASAPart 66 B1 or B2.
- Maintrol experience 2yrs plus-track record of delivery of similar
- IT skills including MS Word/Excel/Project
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimum supervision.
- Drive for result, good interpersonal skills including working with shop floor and senior management
11. Ticketing and Reservation Officers
The TRO will provide frontline passenger services and make travel reservations and ticket sales at any of our sales points. The candidate shall support the sales and marketing functions in all ramifications and provide an effective customer service relationship that will be beneficial to the organization.
- Takes passengers’ request and ensure that tickets are issued out promptly and accurately
- Make reservations and advise on reservation status on or before flight departure.
- Prepare tickets sales report and passenger manifest
- A good university degree or HND in any numerate course
- Airline or travel agency experience will be an added advantage
- Computer literacy and knowledge of airline reservation system
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure without sacrificing quality and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and engage difficult customers.
- Shift work will be required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates in any of the above positions should forward their current cvs to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject title. All applications should be submitted not later than 9th November, 2010
Only shorlisted candidates will be contacted